Replace strings in Excel cells with Python. It can be used …
This is a method of compressing a folder into a ZIP file (.zip) with Python.
It also describes how to unzip a ZIP file.
- Windows 10
- Python 3.6.2
Compress to ZIP format
from shutil import make_archive make_archive('data', 'zip', root_dir='./data')
Use make_archive of shutil module.
- The first argument specifies the file name to be created without the extension.
- The second argument specifies the compression format.
(In the above example, the first argument is
'data'and the second argument is
'zip', so the created file is data.zip.)
- root_dir specifies the folder you want to compress.
In addition to zip,
'xztar' can be used as the compression format.
Unzip ZIP file
from shutil import unpack_archive unpack_archive('./data.zip', extract_dir='./unpacked_data', format='zip')
Use unpack_archive of shutil module.
- The first argument specifies the file name you want to decompress.
- extract_dir specifies the name of the folder to extract.
- format specifies the file format. If omitted, it will be judged from the file extension.
Python also has a module called zipfile that can handle files in ZIP format. If you want to use it in detail, I think you will use it.
If you just want to compress the folder (or decompress the file), I think the method introduced here is simple.